Friday, 4 January 2013

Life and Movement



Some quickie life drawings from a recent session...

A year ago today, I was interning and animating my ass off (never worked so harddd) at Uli Meyer's amazing, mini, magic studio in London. Whilst there I was animating my first ever lip sync test of a character from one of the cereal commercials Uli's team had worked on... I haven't animated anything for months now and am starting to reallly miss it... There's something about working yourself into a nervous, dillusional wreck at the expense of  making your drawings come to life that gave me the biggest buzz... Maybe it's time I got back to it? 

video

Here are some of the keys... I can't believe how off model this guy got at points...



It feels kind of weird posting work that seems so 'old' to me now, but it's weirder that I've never really posted any animation on this blog, even though it's the reason why I want to get into this industry.

14 comments:

  1. I'm blown away by the animation of Chip. So, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post dude! Love the movement in the lines in your figure studies. Also great to see the pencil work that went into the wolf for the cookie crisp commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupping your rack? Haha ---Those keys are solid man. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Chip linetest is stellar, I watched it frame by frame in your reel when I first saw it and every drawing is just wonderful. I'd love to see you animate more, you'd make an amazing character animator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! The animation is really nice.
    Congrats!
    Working for Uli deserve all this amount of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stuff! Love that top drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap, I love your line quality! Everything just flows. Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Really great animationnnn!! I wanna see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s great to see good information being shared and also to see fresh, creative
    ideas that have never been done before.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh god :) I really love your work! you're an inspiration to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work James! Beautiful drawings!

    ReplyDelete