Sunday, 30 December 2012

These Old Wrinkles

Some more Baba Yaga designs I managed to spruce up. This little old lady is a forest dwelling hag who lives in a hut built on chicken legs and rides around in a pimped out pestle and mortar. Cute, no?

Most of my current time is taken up with dissertation writing and turkey, so it took me a while to find the will to colour these. But here they are anyway =)! They also taught me how much I need to get to grips with colouring, because in all honesty, the line work spoke to me a lot more. Maybe I need to just strip it back, because these look a little burnt to me? Funnily, I actually like the bottom, black and white Baba Yagas the most. They're pretty simple and too the point. 


These characters are from the old folk tale, Vasila the beautiful. It's a classic fairy tale (pretty Cinderlla-ish actually), but it's been fun trying to come up with characters.
Here are some rough lines to boot,


As a side note, I have a tumblr and twitter if you're interested in my ramblings (links are under my 'shameless self promo' section on the right) 

12 comments:

  1. These make me want to cry James.Your color application is spot on and unique, your breaking boundaries.I only wish I knew what you use for that awesome texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome artist!!!
    I love so much your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice gestures!! I really dig your design sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, design, lines and color.Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks so much everyone! I'm going to try and find some time to wrap us the project soon, because it's been a pretty nice escape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Latest Stocks and Shares Rates, Exchange Rates of International Market News Updates, Brokers Directory, National News, Stock Markets, TopNews Arab Emirates, Dollar Exchange Rates, Current Exchange and More Forex Business Update News.
    latestfxmarket.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly delighted to read this post regarding wrinkles, which contains plenty of helpful facts, thanks for providing these data. Great article, exactly what I needed.
    Buy Accutane Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its amazing, looking at the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you provide. I'll bookmark your blog and visit it weekly for your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the wrinkles are too old and if you want to treat them soon then nothing can be better than going to one of the skin centers.

    ReplyDelete